Jack Cooper is one of the vehicle logistics companies in US. we are capable of delivering integrated transportation and logistics solutions and meeting the most complex automotive supply chain challenges across land transportation, ocean transportation, and rail and yard management.
Jack cooper initiated to develop application to monitor shipping vehicle so that manage shippers, vehicle owner and improve the customer satisfaction. Jack cooper business goal to beat business competitors and expand business throughout the country.
We received SRS document from client and after analysis of requirement, We had few sessions with stakeholder to get solid understanding of the project objective, goal and about target audiences.
We conducted user interview Understand user behavior, needs and perspectives to better empathize with the user, we observed user experience with other application what they earlier used. we asked some of questions and probed to think aloud. We collected user feedbacks and insights and recorded as reports.
USER PAIN POINTS
From our user interview, we came to know some following pain points which they are facing when reading with other applications.
- The application navigation not understandable by low level educated user
- Shipper struggled to access application due poor performance in low signal network
- Could not able to track shipping vehicle location since GPS not implemented
- Could not able to update status of shippers
- Could not able cancel shipment
we started analysis on our findings, designed personas for each user group so that we could represent a significant portion of people in the real world rather than a generic everybody.
The users are Shipper, Driver, Portal Admin, in which we listed out user goals, motivations and pain points with scenarios.
We conducted brainstorming meetings to analyze on our findings. We had hot discussion with stakeholder and other team members. We created site architecture where Information broken into meaningful chunks to simplify navigation and bring in clarity.
We did competitive analysis with other competitors like Cassens Corp, Waggoners Trucking to set bench mark to business goal.
With research findings in hand, created task flow diagram for each user scenario ex. Author how he can create test, publish and schedule test for candidates, if the user is candidate, how he can enroll test for certification, how he can complete tests simply in the first visit.
After initial low fidelity paper prototype iteration, we created high fidelity prototype in Axure, prototypes designed with real feel interactivity and intuitive UI to improve affordance.
- Our well designed dashboard helps to understand easily truck performance and status of the shipment.
- Navigation and content organization facilitated to take decision where users need to go achieve the goal
- Aesthetic and intuitive data filter features provides access the right data efficiently
- Our innovative design product is integral to its usefulness because products used every day have an effect on people and their well-being