Prometric is a U.S. based company. They sell a range of services, including test development, test delivery and data management. Prometric business model to set channel for upskilling services.
Prometric had a legacy application in which sponsor, author and admin people create, manage and conduct tests. Portal had numerous pitfalls and bottlenecks over the usability. We are required to redesign the application to resolve usability issues and create seamless user experience on onboarding and interaction with the system
We collaborated with a kick off meeting to understand business modal and objective to redesign. Started our research through stakeholder interview, defined our goal to improve usability and user experience by providing remarkable user experience design. We made strategic plan to create unique features and new value proposition to meet competitive market.
we conducted contextual inquiry, observed users to arrive persona for different type of user journeys. conducted user interviews to gather user feedbacks and insights.
During our contextual user interview, users shared their perspectives on improving the quality of their work. They told us about what they needed, expectations, and where things sometimes go wrong.
- Authors and other users struggled in finding relevant menu to do tasks
- Facing difficulties on reviewing and pro-acting in running tests
- Unnecessary steps need to be completed when creating tests, and there is no proper way to come back to home screen from where they started
- The information architecture, labelling and call to action buttons were very poor
We did competitive analysis and strategy to compare strengths and weakness of the applications to set bench mark for business goal. we checked performance of competitors like meritrac, exam online using similar web online tool and derived competitor’s data to set bench mark.
Created work flows for each user journeys to create seamless user interaction by removing bottle necks, we conducted card sorting so that collect feedbacks about our menu and label groupings, based on user feedback, generated information architecture.
Finally We set UX and business metrics from all research and analysis data to generate design solutions.
With research findings in hand, created task flow diagram for each user scenario ex. Author how he can create test, publish and schedule test for candidates, if the user is candidate, how he can enroll test for certification, how he can complete tests simply in the first visit.
Create low fidelity wireframe in which represented organized structured navigation menus, prioritized content and space allocation for features. Design was iterated with users and stakeholder to bring earlier feedback and insights.
We were arrived high fidelity prototypes to create real feel interactivity and intuitive UI to improve affordance and validated with predefined UX and business metrics.
We tested flows, visuals, and prototypes with users through remote screen sharing to ensure everything looked beautiful, worked well, and made sense. If not, they’d let us know, and we refined and tested again until we got an air-tight experience.
After much iteration and testing with user and stakeholder, the final prototype delivered to development team who are creating UI screens in HTML, CSS, Bootstrap framework for further development.
- Information architecture, menus and sitemap has been well defined for each type user.
- Removed unnecessary steps in task flows where users could achieve desired goal efficiently. Our design solutions made user performable, convertible, fulfil its purpose.
- Modern and aesthetic UI screen and elements implemented where users can perform its functions without much learning.
- Synthesized Data rich Dashboard
- Aesthetically improved Candidate onboarding, course catalogue design to create trust worthy interaction